Kosher Sausage with Peppers & Onions
4 sweet or spicy Italian chicken sausages, cut in ½” rounds
2 red bell peppers, sliced thinly
1 large yellow onion, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
- Place a heavy-bottomed or cast iron pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add oil. When the oil is hot add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, bell peppers and sausages. Sautee while stirring occasionally. Allow the onions and sausage to brown.
- When the peppers are soft and the sausage and onions have begun to brown, remove from heat.
- Serve on hoagie rolls or over rice or potatoes.