Portabella Bison Burgers with Smoked Paprika Ketchup
- 1 lb ground bison
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 6 portabella mushroom caps
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 hamburger buns
- Heat a grill pan or broiler on high.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine ground bison meat, onion powder, one teaspoon of garlic powder, ground black pepper, salt, water and mustard. Shape into 6 patties.
- Brush portabella caps lightly with vegetable oil.
- Combine ketchup, smoked paprika and one teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Cook the portabella caps and ground bison patties until the mushrooms are tender and the burgers are cooked to the desired level of doneness. Bison burgers taste best when they are still pink within and are not well-done.
- Serve each burger topped with a portabella mushroom cap and a dollop of smoked paprika ketchup.